Translate

Thursday, August 3, 2017

My First Photos With The Sony Fe 16-35 2.8 GM


Dale Matson

16mm

Well, I hope no one throws some of my postings back in my face on Sony Alpha Rumors. I was quite annoyed with the big and heavy Sony GM lenses. And now I am a fan boy owner of both the 24-70 2.8 GM and the 16-35 2.8 GM. This is NOT a lens review.
I picked up my 16-35 lens at the local camera store today. I put it on my Sony A7R2 and took some shots in the back yard and drove out to Millerton Lake in 105 degree heat for some shots along the lake. The air quality is bad as the smoke from the Detwiler Fire near Mariposa is yet to be fully contained at 82,000 acres.
Just a short note on my first impressions. The autofocus was fast, the photos were very sharp “actual size” and the color was excellent. The lens is well made and the focus ring smooth. The size is ideal and my camera/lens combination fits in my Digital belt Holster 20 version 2.0 without expanding it (snug).
I can’t wait to get into the Sierra Nevada Mountains with it and believe it will be my most useful lens there as a backpacking lens.

     

Crop





 Crop







 Crop

No comments:

Post a Comment