Translate

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Sony A7R2 And Zeiss Batis 85mm 1.8


Dale Matson

Click On Photographs To Enlarge
Sony A7R2 With Zeiss Batis 85mm 1.8

I recently wrote a post on the three lenses I plan on taking with me when I backpack in the Sierra Nevada Mountains this summer. This is my generic list that will apply to most areas and when I am not trying to photograph the elusive Sierra Nevada Bighorn Sheep. http://midsierramusing.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-mountain-backing-lenses-for-sony-a7r2.html

The three lenses are the native Sony Zeiss 16-35mm f4, The native Sony Zeiss 55mm 1.8 and the Zeiss Batis 85mm 1.8. The particulars of the Batis lens are here. http://www.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_us/camera_lenses/batis/batis1885.html

Yesterday I took the Batis 85mm lens with me and traveled from my home in Fresno (elevation 308’) east 60 miles To Huntington Lake (about 7,000’). I made stops along the way for photographs. We had recent rain and the mist lingered in places until I was above Shaver Lake (5,500’).

The A7R2 has IBIS and the lens itself has image stabilization. When I viewed my photographs “actual size” they remained sharp. I believe there is room to crop photos and get similar results to a 135mm lens. This is not an official review, only an assortment of photographs taken along the way. I am however impressed with how well balanced the lens feels on the Sony A7R2.

Vineyard On The Outskirts Of Fresno Facing East 
Crop Of Above Photograph
 Seasonal Stream Returning After Four Years of Drought
Crop of above Photograph
Tamarack Creek
 Crop Of Above

China Peak Ski Resort Above And Across from Frozen Huntington Lake
Crop Of Above



Crop

No comments:

Post a Comment