Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Millerton Lake To Shaver Lake Photos


Dale Matson

This was essentially an entire day devoted to taking photographs of some of my favorite places. I am retired and have days to dedicate to these kinds of things. Beginning tomorrow we expect another series of rainstorms in Fresno CA, the foothills and Sierra Nevada mountains to the east. Hopefully this winter will be a draught buster.
I began at Millerton Lake (560’ in elevation), which is only 20 minutes from my home. I then headed to Shaver Lake (elevation 5,500’), which is an hour away. It is quite a climb from Fresno, which is only about 300’ above sea level. The snow line is currently about 4,000’ and by the time you get to Shaver Lake, there is considerable snow. China Peak ski resort is beyond Shaver Lake, near Huntington Lake (about 7,000’ at the base) has already had about 150” of snow thus far this season.
There is a pretty seasonal creek flowing along Auberry Road that is already running quite well and worthy of photographs also. I also stopped by our cabin for a photograph since the air was fairly clear. The cabin view is south along the Sierra Nevada foothills.
I used my Sony A7R2 with a combination of lenses. I used an adapted Leica m Elmarit 28mm f2.8, The Zeiss Loxia 50mm f2, Sony fe 70-300mm lens for the hawk and Zeiss Batis 18mm 2.8. I also used the Sony RXIR, which has a Zeiss 35mm f2 lens.

Click On Photographs To Enlarge
View From Our Cabin 
 Seasonal Creek
 Millerton Courthouse Above Millerton Lake With Mountains In Back
 Millerton Lake
 Hawk Taking Off
 Millerton Lake
 Shaver Lake
 Shaver Lake
 Shaver Lake
 Seasonal Creek
 Hawk
Central Sierra Nevada Mountain From Pull Out Along Highway 168

I photographed The Courthouse During A Storm From The East 1/20

No comments:

Post a Comment