Translate

Friday, May 3, 2019

Sequoia Park: A Short Drive On The Generals’ Highway



Dale Matson

Click On Photographs To Enlarge



I was at a clergy retreat at St. Anthony’s Retreat Center in Three Rivers CA and had a free afternoon, so I drove into the south entrance to Sequoia National Park which is only about four miles from Three Rivers. From there the Generals’ Highway winds and ascends north and there are beautiful sights along the way.
There is a picnic area not too far from the entrance near what is called Hospital Rock. There are also pictographs and paths down to the Marble Fork of the Kaweah River. Watch out for Poison Oak along the trail!
Currently both Dogwood, Redbud, Yucca and Lupin are in bloom. I drove up to about 6,000’ till I reached the beginning of the Giant Sequoia Grove before heading back down to Three Rivers.
I took all the photos with the Leica Q which has a fixed 28mm F1.7 lens.





























No comments:

Post a Comment