Translate

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Swimming at Millerton 2021


Dale Matson

Well, we’ve started our 17th season swimming at Millerton Lake State Park. The four of us begin and end the swimming season in wet suits. The water today was 64 degrees and the air temperature was 49 degrees. Later this summer it will get to about 80 degrees water temperature. Mike is in a speedy league of his own, Marie is next, Sharon is next and I generally swim by myself since I am the slowest. We’ve had several folks swim with us over the years with our friend Tasha a triathlete who is nearly as fast as Mike. We’ve seen our share of Eagles, Geese, Bobcats and other game, Anyway, it is great to know that at age 76 I am still getting in my lake swimming. We swim at the local club on other days but a pool is not a lake. Millerton is as low as I remember it for this time of year. Hopefully, as the remaining snowpack melts, the San Joaquin River will bring more water to Millerton.

We began in. 2004 as I was preparing for the Hawaii Ironman. It seems like forever ago! All of us have done triathlons with Mike and Marie completing the Coeur d’Alene Ironman. Sharon completed the cold Shaver Lake Triathlon.

Click On Photos To Enlarge


Mike And Marie
















Sharon Returning














2 comments: