Translate

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Coyotes at Millerton Lake

Coyotes at Millerton Lake

Dale Matson

Click On Photographs To Enlarge



My primary reason for this trip to Millerton Lake was to try and find eagles to photograph. After about an hour on the Fresno County side of the lake, I drove across the river and entered on the Madera side of the lake. 

I visited my usual spots and parked at “Eagles Nest” picnic area. There is a spot where I can see Golden Eagle activity from there with binoculars. However, this was a no-show deal.

As I was about to exit, I took one more look at a couple of trees frequented by bald eagles. Empty handed again.

As I made a U-turn, I spotted three coyotes right in front of my truck. I was able to take some photos out of the driver’s window. They seemed to be more interested in smells than my truck. Then they headed down toward the lake. I got some more photos and allowed them to wander off further toward the lake. Two of them actually laid down. 

It was the best opportunity I have ever had to photograph the coyotes who are normally skittish and scamper off as soon as they see a human. 

    I had a running friend Kathy, who referred to coyotes as "God's dogs". Well Put, since they don't belong to anyone else.




















No comments:

Post a Comment