Translate

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Turkeys And Eagles At Eastman Lake



Dale Matson

Click On Photographs To Enlarge



Above is a link for more information on Eastman Lake from a previous article
My question for the day at the Eastman Lake Ranger Station was, “Why are there so many turkeys around here lately?” Answer, “It’s turkey hunting season and they know where it is safe to hang out.”
I also had a chance to photograph members of a group of 3 mature Bald Eagles over the camping area nearest the boat ramp. Although they floated about above me on a windy day, I had a lot of blurry photographs because my shutter speed was too slow. Still making rookie mistakes!
There was no sight of a Golden Eagle which was the main reason I was there but the turkeys were my consolation prize. There is an active Golden nest in the Madera County foothills and I hope to get some photos from there in a month or so. The Goldens at Millerton Lake did not return to the nest. It is a bit of a puzzle since I only saw one eagle the last month before the time to lay eggs. 














No comments:

Post a Comment