Translate

Monday, September 28, 2020

My Favorite Backpacking Areas In The Central Sierra Nevada



My New Book

My Favorite Backpacking Areas In The Central Sierra Nevada


I have listed sixteen of my backpacking experiences that I have found to be in areas of the Sierra Nevada that are rich in beauty. In my earlier days, being from Fresno California, I approached the Sierra Nevada from the Western side. More recently, I have found approaching the Sierra from the east opens even more opportunities. This requires me to drive highway 120 through Yosemite most of the year and down around Bakersfield the rest of the year when highway 120 in Yosemite is closed.If I were to pick one town that is the epicenter of my more recent hiking and backpacking experiences, it would be Bishop California. Line Street (highway 168) out of Bishop takes you to South Lake, Sabrina Lake and North lake. Out of these lakes alone, one can spend years on different hikes, overnights and beyond. Bishop is the gateway to the wilderness for me. Glacier Lodge Road out of Big Pine (14 miles south of Bishop) is also an opportunity for views the Palisades and their glaciers from the eastern side. The Palisades are a group of fourteeners that take your breath away. There are many glacial lakes green from the glacial silt in this area.If I were to pick one national park in particular in California, it would be Kings Canyon National Park. Whether one goes over the Sierra Crest from the east side or approaches it from the west side. Most Fresnans have no idea that much of the park is in Fresno County. I was a “Yosemite guy” for a decade before I discovered the beauty of Kings Canyon. As a 12-year volunteer on the Fresno County SAR team, I learned beginning in 2004 that Kings Canyon is as wild and beautiful as Yosemite. Hopefully you will use this book as a primer to some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.

Cut and paste in browser

In Paperback

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JVK4HNZ

Also available in Kindle Format in Color

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K6RXF76

2 comments:

  1. Dale. The book looks inviting. Your links, however, require me to register in a blog? Is that what you intended?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete