Translate

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Buck Rock On A Better Day


Dale Matson

Click On Images To Enlarge



(For additional information see the previous article “Bad Day At Buck Rock”. http://midsierramusing.blogspot.com/2015/07/bad-day-at-buck-rock.html

I was frustrated with the overcast weather when I took the photographs from Buck Rock earlier in the week. I went back Saturday and tried it again. My first shots were with my Panasonic Lumix TZ60 30X optical zoom point and shoot camera. I headed south on the General’s Highway. There is an overlook on the east side of the road about 2.5 miles south of the Junction and I knew the day would yield better photographs.


If you are at the overlook and look east-northeast you can see the lookout tower on top of Buck Rock. It is about 2.5 miles as the crow flies. You can see Mt. Clarence King (near Rae Lakes), which is about 25 miles to the northeast. You can also see the massive Mt. Goddard (near the Ionian Basin) to the north-northeast about 32 miles as the crow flies.


 Mt. Clarence King
Mt. Goddard Panasonic 30X Zoom
Mt Goddard Sony 200mm

 Sony A7R 200mm f4  
 Adapted Canon 17mm f4
 Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8
 55mm
55mm

No comments:

Post a Comment