Translate

Monday, April 20, 2020

Hike To San Joaquin River At Temperance Flat 2020


Dale Matson

Click On Photographs To Enlarge

Our Hike Route. Your Hike May Vary

         For an earlier report with other details, see below
         Sharon and I got an early start on this hike. We were the first vehicle to park by the gate across Wellbarn Road. This is one of the few hikes we do that is downhill outbound. It is about 5.5 miles round trip with about 900’ of gain (mostly inbound). This can be a hot hike in warmer weather but it was about 54 degrees to start and about 64 degrees when we were done. Watch out for poison oak at points alongside of the trail.
         Our destination was a peaceful scene with overcast skies and a calm water surface. There were geese and one grebe swimming in the placid waters.
There was also a derelict boat which I seem to remember from past years.
I used my Sony A9 with the 100-400mm GM telephoto lens and the Sony 24mm 1.4 lens. It began to rain inbound and I was glad to have my rain-cover for the camera pack.
Note: This is a popular local hike. Get there early because parking is limited. There were twelve vehicles there when we arrived back at my truck.
        

 Hydroelectric Plant Upstream

 This Is Where We Were Headed


























Author

No comments:

Post a Comment