Translate

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Rancheria Falls Hike 2020


Dale Matson

Click On Photographs To Enlarge

Hike From Parking Area

I wrote a 2017 trip report on this hike and included more particulars. So, what was different today? In 2017 my son was with me. Today my wife was with me. Our trip was a month earlier today than 2017 with less water in the falls. I am perplexed that so many folks parked by Highway 168 and hiked all the way to the falls and back when they could have driven to the parking area much closer to the falls. The drive to the parking area near the falls is recommended for a high clearance vehicle however.
Today, I used two prime Sony lenses with my A7R4. I used the 85mm 1.8 and the 24mm 1.4 lenses. I also included a couple of photographs of Huntington Lake and a short video clip taken with the 24mm 1.4 lens.
This is the (hopefully) tail end of the Covid 19 lockdown and a ton of vehicles were on the road this Memorial Day weekend. I saw a lot of bicyclists on the road today. The Climb to Kaiser was cancelled this year because of Covid 19 but I’m guessing that folks will still informally do the ride at the end of June. My three consecutive trips were tough and in those days, at the end of July.








 Kaiser Pass Road






 Looks Like An Osprey Nest Above The Falls



Huntington Lake




No comments:

Post a Comment