Translate

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Kaiser Pass And White Bark 2020


Dale Matson

Click on Photographs To Enlarge

Rancheria Falls Along Kaiser Pass Road

This trip is in great contrast to the 2017 trip. https://midsierramusing.blogspot.com/2017/07/white-bark-2017.html
         The “Elephant Gate” about two miles below Kaiser Pass on Kaiser Pass Road was just opened. I decided to head up there today to get some photographs of the view of the central Sierra Nevada from the west side.
         I wasn’t sure if I would have to walk in to White Bark from the Pass or not. When I got there, the mile drive to White Bark seemed to be free of snow. I drove about half way and decided to park my truck and walk the rest of the way for the exercise. The top elevation is about 9,600’.
         It was a pleasant walk at about 70 degrees. Back in Fresno, it was triple digits! The sky was hazy and it made for poor photographs. I packed in my 200-600mm lens but the best photos were with my 85mm lens. The mountains are about 20-25 miles away. The video was taken with my 85mm lens.
If you don't have a high clearance 4X4 (AWD). I suggest you park near the pottie at the pass and walk in.

 Red And White Mountain
 Edison Lake
 Graveyard Peak Close Up
 Banner Ritter Close Up
 Bear Dome Close Up

 Devis's Bathtub Hidden (A Good Hike)










 Mt. Givens 





Mt Givens Close Up (A Good Hike Off Dusy-Ershim Trail)


No comments:

Post a Comment