Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Kaiser Peak 2020


Dale Matson

Click on Photographs to Enlarge

Hike Route

I have several postings on this hike. The particulars are here: https://midsierramusing.blogspot.com/2016/07/kaiser-peak-hike-2016.html

         This is my final warmup hike in the western Sierra Nevada for the Eastern Sierra Nevada. The pack station below the trailhead is empty. I left Fresno at 3:30am and got to the trailhead by 5am. This was only about a 7.5 hour hike overall which surprised me since my 2016 time was more than an hour slower. I have had a good hemoglobin level lately. This was a problem in the past. The hike was relatively cool. Some mosquitoes and a dwindling amount of water in the upper meadow. This may be dried up within a couple of weeks so plan on bringing lots of water with you. The hike is essentially 11 miles with 3,000+ feet of gain. My Garmin showed the elevation at about 10.200’ but it is listed at 10,300’
         I have enough photographs of this hike so I just took my older model Sony RX100. Not having a view finder is a minus! I dumped my panorama video because half the mountains were below the frame!
         At age 75 this may really my final trip. It’s a doozy!











































No comments:

Post a Comment