Translate

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Twin Lakes Hike 2022

Twin Lakes Hike 2022

Dale Matson

Click On Photographs To Enlarge






The particulars for this hike can be found on a 2013 posting that includes George Lake also. https://midsierramusing.blogspot.com/2013/08/potter-pass.html

This year was another dry hike with only Midge Creek still containing water along the way to Twin Lakes. I want to give a shout out to two trail runners I met along the way. Mike was from Clovis and Corey (see photo) was from Fresno. I still remember those days for me! https://midsierramusing.blogspot.com/2016/06/shadow-of-giants-trail-run-2016.html

Of particular note in these photographs, Shuteye Peak can be seen in the foreground of the photograph from Potter Pass with the fire lookout on top. Also, Mammoth Mountain can be seen from further on the trail with the ski lift building on top and another lift to the left. 

This year I took photographs with my Sony A1 camera and two lenses. I used the 16-35mm F4 and the 85mm 1.8. The 85mm could be cropped in camera to about 125mm for the longer shots and the ultrawide could be used for the lakes.

This is the first year I carried bear spray which is allowed in the Sierra National Forest but not in SeKi or Yosemite. I have never seen any bears on this trail…. but you never know. The next time I do the trail, I hope to add George Lake as I build for the summer season. 

Carry bug repellent and plenty of water if you don’t have a means to filter/purify water. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment