Translate

Friday, July 17, 2020

Desert Bighorn Sheep East Of Bishop CA


Dale Matson

Click On Photographs To Enlarge



As difficult as Sierra Nevada Bighorn Sheep are to photograph, the Desert Bighorn are easy. They are almost tame. The day before my recent hike to Birch Lake, I decided to check out the desert sheep east of Bishop. Steve Yeager told me they had relatively new babies but I couldn’t see them. Steve told me the babies were hidden in the rocks.
I was set up for landscape shots for my hike to Birch Lake and my biggest lens was only an 85mm 1.8 Sony lens for my Sony A7R4. As luck would have it, that was plenty of lens for my shots. If they were SNBS 850mm would not have been big enough. I could shoot cropped and that gave me about 135mm. So, some of my photos are at 85mm and some are at 135mm.
The three ewes were active and I regret not shooting some video also. These are some of the sharpest sheep photographs I have ever gotten.







































No comments:

Post a Comment