Translate

Friday, July 24, 2020

Twin Lakes 2.5 2020


Dale Matson

Click On Photographs To Enlarge

View At Potter Pass- Banner Ritter

         My first trip to Twin Lakes this year was about a month ago with my son. https://midsierramusing.blogspot.com/2020/06/twin-lakes-and-potter-pass-2020-kaiser.html
         I had a chance to do this hike with my wife Sharon and our friend Carol. When we were at Potter Pass we noted that Mount Tom (the 9,000’ one) in the Sierra National Forest can be seen in the foreground from Potter Pass. I didn’t have a camera with a big enough lens. I was using the Sony RX100 M1. Two days later, I hiked up as far as Potter Pass again to try and get a photograph of the observation/fire tower on top of Mount Tom. I did get a recognizable version of the tower. Here is a story I wrote about the tower with photos here: https://midsierramusing.blogspot.com/2017/08/sierra-national-forest-mount-tom-lookout.html
         Anyway, the ladies not only brought their swim suits, they swam all the way around the island at Upper Twin Lake. I didn’t swim.
         I also chatted with two dads and their young sons from Fresno who had spent the night and were heading to George Lake after filtering some water from the Lake. Years from now their sons will remember this and maybe the camping tradition will continue. Hi Gents!
         This second trip was dry, with no place to resupply filtered/treated water until reaching the lakes. Twin and George Lakes are popular with day hikers, fishermen and backpackers. On my final hike up to Potter Pass I saw some folks I knew and a lady who works at Horn Photo Supply. It is the only photo supply store in Fresno, so we kind of knew one another.
         This is my last hike before I head to Goddard Canyon in Kings Canyon. I’m a little nervous since this is about a 40 miles round trip backpacking experience out of Florence Lake. Hope things go well.  

 Carol
 Sharon

 Lower Twin Lake
 Upper Twin






 Swimming Around The Island


 Lower Twin Inbound





 Huntington Lake
 Telephoto Of Dam At Far End Of Huntington Lake
 Fire Tower On Mount Tom

          
  

2 comments:

  1. I commented about two years ago on a post about this hike. You responded commenting on how my last name was fitting for this hike. I'm happy to see you are still hiking. It's always a pleasure coming to this site and seeing the adventures you are still having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin,
    Thanks for the affirmation.

    ReplyDelete